- A Blog and Personal website with Netlify CMS.
- Responsive Web Design
- Customize content of Homepage, About and Contact page.
- Add / Modify / Delete blog posts.
- Edit website settings, Add Google Analytics and make it your own all with in the CMS.
- SEO Optimized
- OpenGraph structured data
- Twitter Cards meta
- Beautiful XML Sitemaps
- Netlify Contact Form, Works right out of the box after deployment.
- Invite collaborators into Netlify CMS, without giving access to your Github account via Git Gateway
- Gatsby Incremental Builds with Netlify.
🚀 Quick Deploy
Just click on the Deploy to Netlify button.
This would fork
gatsby-starter-foundation to your Github account and start building your website on Netlify. Once the deployment is done. Your website will be live and website address would look like site-name.netlify.app
⚙ Access to Netlify CMS
- Goto app.netlify.com > select your website from the list
- Goto identity and Click Enable Identiy
- Click on **Invite Users" and invite yourself. You will recieve an email and you need to accept the invitation to set the password.
- Now headover to Settings > Identity > Services and Enable Git Gateway
- You can also manage who can register and log in to your CMS. Goto Settings > Identity > Registration >Registration Preferences. I would prefer to keep it to Invite Only, if i am the only one using it.
- Now, goto to site-name.netlify.app/admin/, and login with your credentials.
📝 Editing content and Adding posts
Once you are in your Netlify CMS, you can navigate to Posts and Pages. Here you will find a list of existing pages and posts.
You can select any existing post or page to start editing or add a New Post. Have fun :)
⚙ Customing Site details
You can find all the website settings such website Site title, Website URL, Google anlaytics etc,.. in your Netlify CMS
Admin > Settings > General
🌐 Adding Custom domain to netlify website
We have written a short article on Custom domain with Netlify website
🖥 Install Locally
Use the Gatsby CLI to create a new site, specifying the
gatsby new gatsby-starter-foundation https://github.com/stackrole/gatsby-starter-foundation
You need Node and Gatsby-CLI installed, check out Gatsby Setup Instructions
Navigate into your new site’s directory and start it up.
cd my-hello-world-starter/ gatsby develop
Open the source code and start editing!
Your site is now running at
Note: You'll also see a second link:
http://localhost:8000/___graphql. This is a tool you can use to experiment with querying your data. Learn more about using this tool in the Gatsby tutorial.
gatsby-starter-foundation directory in your code editor of choice and edit. Save your changes and the browser will update in real time!
You can use Netlify CMS in you local just run
npx netlify-cms-proxy-server and start run